Do you like seafood and fresh vegetables? I am sure that you are crazy about them! In this case, Danish cuisine will be one of your favorites, because fish is its main ingredient. Today we will talk about smorrebrod – a favorite delicacy of the Danes. This is an open sandwich with a variety of fillings, the preparation of which takes very little time.
- ½ finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. wine vinegar
- 3 young potatoes
- ½ avocado
- 3 tbsp. homemade mayonnaise (recipe below)
- 4 slices of rye bread
- sea salt and black pepper
- handful of watercress
- 2 pickled gherkins, thinly chopped
- 1 radish, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped chives
- 2 asparagus sprouts
- 100 gr smoked salmon
- pinch of dill
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Soak red onion in wine vinegar for at least 30 minutes.
- Boil new potatoes, cool and cut into thin slices. Peel and slice the avocado along thin strips.
- Grease each slice of bread with homemade mayonnaise. On two of them, put the potatoes and avocados, sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add a bit of mayonnaise with a thin line, laying a sprig of watercress on top.
- Add thinly sliced radish, pickled gherkins and red onions soaked in wine vinegar. Finally, sprinkle chives.
- Mayonnaise: Blend all ingredients except olive and sunflower oils. The oils should be mixed and poured in a thin stream into the blender bowl. Beat the mass until it thickens, add more spices and lemon juice if necessary. Place in a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for no more than 3 days.
- Put smoked salmon on two remaining slices of bread and pour with mayonnaise. Asparagus sprouts thinly cut along (you can use a potato peeler for perfectly thin and even strips) and garnish on top, add a little dill.
- The final touch – sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Delicious and healthy snacks are ready!